MATEC 40PB - Gantry machines, which touch engineers' hearts
Excellent large part production
The gantry machining center MATEC 40PB is a floor-running variant of
the MATEC 40P. The machine is equipped with a 2-axis swivel head
with taper SK 50/ HSK-A 100. The high-performance motor spindle
with 33 kW and constant speed 8,000 rpm provides for the optimal
chipping of all materials in its class. The floor-running gantry and a
flush embedded machine table ensure easy loading by lift trucks and
and permit the machining of heavy parts. All sides of the mounting
table are easily accessible. The MATEC 40PB is optionally available
as MATEC 40PBU, equipped with a universal milling head. This
universal milling head increases the working area in Z by 250 mm
and allows a 360° all-over machining of parts.
- Performance Class SK50|HSK-A 100
- X-Axis = 3,000-50,000 mm
- Y-Axis = 3,800|5,800 mm
- Z-Axis = 1,500|1,800 mm
- Speed Range: 8,000-15,000 rpm
- Drive Power Motor Spindle: max. 50|90 kW
- Torque max. 530|296 Nm
- Compact gantry center with minimum floor space in relation to the available
working space dimension
- Stagnant machine table on hall floor level and moving gantry enable highest
workpiece weights. All axis movements are made by the machining tool
executed. Different workpiece weights have no influence on machine
dynamics and precision
- The dynamic 2-axis fork head ensures strong construction at maximum feed
force and at the same time guarantees the expected surface qualities on the
workpiece. Both heads have direct measuring systems and selectable clamping.
- A special feature of all MATEC gantry machines is the enormous rigidity of the
individual axes. Specifically, the design and stability of the Y and Z axis are
essential for precision and surface quality on the workpiece. The special
dimensioning of the gantry beam prevents the gantry beam torsion that other-
wise occurs on comparable gantry machines when the Z-axis is fully extended.
The Z-axis is designed as a carriage.
- Due to the constant distance between carriage guide and spindle nose in
- contrast to the RAM construction, there is no movement-dependent
deformations of the Z axis. This construction is the guarantor of aligned bores
and free milling surfaces on the workpiece.
- Traveling tool magazines in the X-axis enable short tool changing times.